|
THE Dynamos board of directors yesterday met Kenny Mubaiwa's executive in a heated meeting to formalise the reshuffle effected by the executive this week. The meeting was attended by most board members, including chairman Richard Chiminya, secretary Bernard Marriot, Robson Rundaba, Owen Chandamale and Freddy Mkwesha.
Secretary of the board, Marriot, said among other issues discussed was the hot issue of the reshuffle, in which executive members John Kanokanga, Nyika Chifamba, Raymond Kazembe and Webster
Chikengezha were officially advised of the resolutions made by the board at the weekend.
The board met on Saturday and appointed former committee member Kazembe the new secretary-general while treasurer Chikenge-zha was made vice-chairman.Chifamba reverts to being committee member while they search for a new treasurer.
"There wasn't much and all I can say is that we discussed what was published in The Herald this week.
"We also wanted to set the date for the annual general meeting but we could not discuss everything since tempers were high," said Marriot.
The board secretary confirmed The Herald story and said they will appoint the new treasurer in due course.
Earlier in the day, Dynamos coach Callisto Pasuwa had a full training with almost all his players following the arrival of defender George Magariro and the Zambian duo of Arthur Kaseloki and Derrick Kabwe.
Magariro missed training last week because his contract, which expired at the end of the year, was not renewed and he is expected to seal a new deal soon.
Pasuwa said he was pleased with the quality of his squad but was concerned by the players' fitness.
He also said he would need more time to assess his new recruits who include Takesure Chinyama, Tineyi Chitora and Ocean Mushure.
"We are gelling up well but in terms of fitness I think we need to work with some of the boys because they are being pushed off the ball easily."We went to the gym in the morning and I think we still need to emphasise on physical fitness.
"Others like David Kutyauripo, Denver Mukamba, Gift Bello are looking good and it appears like they didn't stop training during the holidays."
Chinyama, who is back from a stint in Poland, looked sharp during yesterday's training but his availability at the Harare giants is still uncertain since he is yet to sign a contract, although he was registered in the 26-member squad for the Champions League.
Dynamos face a possible crisis in their strikeforce with two other players in the squad Rodreck Mutuma and Cuthbert Malajila set to snatched by South African clubs where they are having trials.
"The situation is not looking good and I hear Chinyama is also wanted by Egyptian side Zamalek for trials," said Pasuwa.
"These are the strikers that we had registered for the Champions League and now it makes planning difficult because we are not sure what is going to happen next."
|